Terms & Conditions
- Welcome to WOWIO Inc. Please read the following Terms and Conditions of Use carefully before continuing. By using this site, you signify your acceptance to these Terms
- Please review our
Privacy Notice , which also governs your visit to wowio.com
- The information and content on this website are licensed or copyrighted by WOWIO, Inc. (WOWIO). All rights reserved. The information and content on this site, and the underlying computer program (including but not limited to HTML code) are protected by copyright law and international treaties. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of these materials or any portion of them may result in severe civil and criminal penalties and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law including recovery of all costs and fees related to any enforcement action initiated by WOWIO. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document or graphic in whole or in part for any reason is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from the respective copyright holder(s).
- WOWIO, FREE BOOKS + FREE MINDS, and other marks indicated on our site are trademarks or registered trademarks of WOWIO in the United States. WOWIO's trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not WOWIO's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits WOWIO. All other trademarks not owned by WOWIO or its subsidiaries that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by WOWIO.
- The WOWIO system or portions thereof are patent pending.
- These Terms govern your use of the WOWIO online service, which provides an easy-to-use, comprehensive online destination offering electronic copies of books ("Ebooks"). Additional terms and conditions of use applicable to specific areas of the Service may also be posted in such areas and, together with these Terms, govern your use of those areas. These Terms, together with any such additional terms and conditions, are referred to as the "Terms."
- These Terms govern your use of the WOWIO online service, which provides an easy-to-use, comprehensive online destination offering electronic copies of books ("EbooksTo use certain areas of this site, you must first submit a complete Registration Form available at http://www.wowio.com. When submitting a Registration Form, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or WOWIO has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, WOWIO has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof) by you. Children under 13 years of age cannot register on any portion of the WOWIO Site without adult supervision."). Additional terms and conditions of use applicable to specific areas of the Service may also be posted in such areas and, together with these Terms, govern your use of those areas. These Terms, together with any such additional terms and conditions, are referred to as the "Terms."
Member Account, Password & Security
- You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Service's registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify WOWIO of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You are responsible for logging out if your computer is accessible to others. This prevents unauthorized access. WOWIO cannot and will not be liable for any lossor damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
Use of Content
You acknowledge that the Service contains information, software, photographs, audio and video clips, graphics, links and other material (collectively, the "Content") that are the property of WOWIO or third parties who have authorized the appearance of their content on this site. U.S. and international copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws protect all Content. All rights in Content are reserved. You agree to comply with any additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content available on or accessed through the Service. Users of the Service may use the Content only for their personal, noncommercial use.
You may download or copy the Content, as authorized on this site and only for your own personal use, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. Except as expressly permitted by the copyright laws, no copying, storage, redistribution or publication of any Content is permitted without the express written consent of WOWIO or the owners of such Content or their authorized representatives, if other than WOWIO.
You may not modify, publish, transmit, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part, except as expressly permitted in these Terms. Content consisting of downloadable software may not be reverse engineered unless specifically authorized by the owner of the software's patent and/or copyright.